Saturday, June 13, 2020

More Memories

Many years ago I apprenticed in an office in Germany. It was the norm to get a certificate called “Kaufmanns-Gehilfenbrief” after attending business school Once a week for 3 years and passing a final exam. A person could ask for the examination after only 2 1/2 years but in that case you needed to pass with a good mark. At first my boss did not want me to try because several apprentices had failed and that went against his grain. I persevered and passed after 2 1/2 years. I was very happy because that meant a regular monthly salary. The first year of apprenticeship the “pay” was 10.00 DMark  a month!! Even then one could not do much with it. I think the last Year it was DMark 40.00.
I stayed another half year with that company, found a better job, took a month off and started my new job.
More later 😁
Life is good (although raining at the moment even though the sun is out too)


1 comment:

  1. I love this story! Where are your new posts? Keep going! :) <3

    ReplyDelete