Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dreary Day

We had one moment of sunshine the last few days but I am not complaining. We really need the rain.
I decided to wait until today to do laundry but it still rains so I had to use the dryer. I guess from now on I have to get used to it.
Last week we got word that our granddaughter got engaged. What a lovely time for her. We wish her and her husband-to-be all the best.
When we went shopping last Sunday at Home Depot I saw a pallet with a big sign “6-pack of solar lights $ 2.00 each” but unfortunately they were all gone. I really wish I had been there earlier. Our neighbor has Solar Lights along all edges of her circular driveway. It looks so neat at night.
On Sunday night we came home and our 4 lights in the flower baskets were shining brightly. I would have loved to take a picture but I know it would not have been great so I decided not to.
I remember that my Mother used to make a wine soup with little egg-white-balls. I really liked that when I was a kid. Since I have 2 bottles of white wine in the fridge that have been there for ages I googled for a recipe. I found quite a few and they look like they might be what I remember. I have not made it yet but will in the future.
That’s it for today.
Good bye everybody

ne6k4j

2 comments:

  1. Anything with wine sounds good to me!

    Too bad the solar lights were gone - keep watching though, they may get more in, and $2 each is a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your Granddaughter getting engaged! We wish her all the best as well! =)

    Hope you were able to find a good recipe to use your white wine in! Let us know what you find! =)

    What a bummer on the solar lights. You'll find something else along the way!

    Thanks for the update!

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete