Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother’s Day tomorrow

and we went to town today to get 2 flower baskets and some plants to put together a third one. The third one is the one that had the birds nest last year and one of the plants actually survived the winter. I originally thought I would just plant a few more flowers in it but the dirt was so matted up that I had to replace it. I hope the old plants will survive because they took quite a beating when I got them out. Now we need one more basket to even everything out. I have a solar light in each one and also solar Chinese lanterns between the baskets. Cliff figures the lanterns look “tacky” but I like them and so they stay Winking smile
We actually went shopping quite a few times this week. Normally we combine all of it in one day but somehow this week was different.
The weather has been “Medium-Rare” this week but we picked nice days for our outings.
Weather permitting Cliff is outside whipping the garden into shape but he has a long way to go yet.  It has been too wet all Spring to do much.
A lot of our Lilies are up but none of the dahlias survived. I have to buy new ones next trip out.
Pretty soon we’ll be eating the first Rhubarb.
All is good ☺

Good bye everybody ☺

help out

5 comments:

Judy and Emma said...

I do like rhubarb sauce, but not rhubarb pie. :) Wonder what will nest in your flower baskets this year?

pidge said...

Waiting for the great pictures of your flowers and garden. Not a big fan of rubarb, but we use to sell a lot of rubarb and strawberry pie, where I worked. stay safe.

Janna and Mike said...

Tell Cliff your readers don't think solar lanterns are tacky! I really like solar lights in the desert, it helps us find our RV in the dark!

Anonymous said...

Cliff is right about the Chinese Lanterns looking tacky, that is just too too much decoration, as it will take away from the beauty of the baskets, when they are in full bloom, Europeans tend to overdo it when it comes to making things look nice, remember, LESS IS MORE,,,,

From a wise Alberta Sage.....

Nicki said...

Happy Mothers Day!
Our rhubarb on the south side of the house is almost ready to cut...yummy rhubarb and custard coming up.