Saturday, March 27, 2010

Garage Sale and another nice day

Early this morning we went to a garage sale at the  end of our road. Both of us could not find anything we could not live without so we came back empty handed. It started at 8 AM and the lady told us there were people knocking at their door at 7.30 AM. I could hardly believe that.
For the first time this year I saw some skunk cabbage. There is lots of that by the side of the road and in a little while one can really smell it while walking.
DSC01972 [HDTV (720)] 
After we came back I went with my friend Joyce to Dinter Nursery. I have a gift certificate there from my birthday so I decided to use some of that to buy dahlia tubers.
Dahlias 
I also bought some rosemary and thyme plants as well as a flat of lettuce.. So after lunch I planted the thyme and rosemary and Cliff planted the lettuce. It was such a nice day that I decided to weed the flower bed. When I was down close to the ground I saw that many of the Lilly plants had come back. That really pleased me because last year they were very pretty. I have to wait with planting the Dahlia tubers until there is no more frost. 
After weeding I called Joyce to invite her over for a bit of Happy Hour. She stayed for a bite to eat. We had a good time.
I am recording the movie "A river runs through it" with Craig Sheffer, Brad Pitt, Tom Skerritt, Brenda Blethyn, Emily Lloyd. It's a 3 1/2 star movie so hopefully it will be good. Maybe we can watch it tomorrow.
Curling last night and today was very disappointing for Canada. Our women lost last night against Germany and today against Scotland. If they are lucky they might get the silver medal if not, only the bronze. Very sad :-( Oh well, we'll get over it.
That's it for today.
Good night everybody ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment