Friday, April 23, 2010

We were lucky!

Going to Kelowna last weekend happened in bright sunshine. The week before the roads were snowed in and we just heard on the News that snow is again expected on the Coquihalla. How did we manage to pick out the one weekend with good weather?? It really makes me happy.
Yesterday I bought 18 Early Girl tomato plants, 1 cherry tomato plant and 6 broccoli plants. Cliff has been working hard at planting all of it. The 18 Early Girl are under cloches and the cherry tomato is on the balcony on top of a creeper that Cliff had extra. Now we can wheel it around the balcony to the sunny or shady side which ever is appropriate.
I planted some seeds in pots and have them sitting in front of the patio door in the living room; lettuce, basil and cucumbers. I still have a few different plants to seed but not just yet.
Yesterday I grilled a boneless eye of rib steak on our George Foreman Grill for the first time. Boy was that good!! I developed a taste for tender beef steak on our trip to Kelowna where Sonja's friend barbecued some for us. They were sooo tasty. Now my grocery bill will go up!!!
For the last few days I cooked Rapini Greens from the garden. They are very tender and good but I am
sure they are not everybody's cup of tea. Pretty soon we will be able to harvest our own lettuce again, that will be a happy day.
No other News so....
Good night everybody

b

3 comments:

  1. We have a George Foreman Grill as well Vera and agree the meet is just delicious and cleaning it afterwards is so easy. All those fresh vegies sound delicious. I like Crabby Road... Good Laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a garden anymore, so your lettuce sounds delicious. Good to hear form you.

    ReplyDelete