Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ants

Wanderin Willy's Blog today reminded me of something that happened one night in Indonesia.
When I wake up in the middle of the night I don't like to turn the light on because it might wake Cliff up. I don't know what made me disregard that one night. I am so glad that I did though because when I got to the bathroom our white toilet was black with tiny little ants. It absolutely freaked me out thinking that normally without the light on I would have sat down right on top of those ants. Even now I shudder thinking about it.
We also had little Salamander types called chitchats crawl along the walls. One day I was standing in the tub having a shower when one of them fell on my shoulder. It was another heart stopping moment because it was so unexpected to feel something crawling on me.
I forgot all about those incidents until I started to think about Indonesia again. After all that is now nearly 25 years ago.
We had another pretty nice day today.
Now it's dark outside and I shall go and sit by the fire.
Good night to all :-)

chickenfunny

No comments:

Post a Comment