Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cold outside

It was -2C this morning when we got up. I think that was the coldest morning since the summer. I guess we have to count on more of them from now on. The roofs of the houses were white and the grass frosty. The water on our balcony did not thaw out until well after 11 AM. The house is nice and warm so we are very lucky.
We went visiting this afternoon and stopped for milk and whipping cream on the way home. I always like a little cream in my coffee as well as lots of milk.
On our friend's property is a tall dead tree where bald eagles have a nest. This is the time when the adults start preparing/repairing their nest. We saw one eagle fly in with a thick stick about 5 ft. long. According to our friends they have been there for at least 14 years and had 2 babies last year. ( The eagles, not the friends :-) The eagles sometimes break up the branches with their wings but we did not see that. They use the wings like an axe. It sure was something to see. I was very sorry that I did not have my camera with me. That was the highlight of the day.

Good night everyone

Finish_Started

1 comment:

  1. It was a little nippy this morning that's for sure. It's the first frost I've seen this year. Time to head south, I think!

    ReplyDelete