Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Doctor appointment

I needed a prescription renewal today. It used to be one just had to phone the doctor and he in turn would call the drug store and that was that. Today each renewal warrants a trip to the doctor. I think that is crazy because we are supposed to have a shortage of Family Physicians and here they waste their time with the likes of me :-)
On the other hand today was not a total waste of my time and his since while I was there I had my flu shot as well as my H1N1 shot. I was not going to get the H1N1 shot but my doctor figured it was a good idea to get it, so I gave in. At the time I was thinking how lucky I was not to have to wait for hours outside some clinic for the shot. I got the regular flu shot for quite a few years now. We started one year after Cliff and I got the flu while we were South in the winter. Our "Winterbuddies" who are much older than us did not come down with it. They had the flu shot for a few years already. We decided that it probably was a good idea to start with the shots.
After the doctor visit I went to the library and picked up the 2 books that had come in for me. Now I have lots to read. It is a windy evening and the fire in the fireplace is blasting away so reading is the right thing to do.
I hope everybody will have a great evening too.

 royston_bloglink

No comments:

Post a Comment