Friday, May 21, 2010

Another rainy day

We can use it though because the ground was very dry before.
I defrosted blackberries that Cliff picked last Fall and made jam. I don't like the pits in it so I put them through a sieve which takes a little longer to do. I think this is the last jam I'll make until the time the raspberries are ripe.
Talking about blackberries...
Here is something black that Cliff encountered yesterday while he was going for a walk
DSC02109
Cliff and friends with their dog were walking along the Haul road here in Cobble Hill when a bear cub ran onto the road in front of them. The dog saw it and ran after it. At that time the mother bear came out of the bush and took after the dog. In shock the owners called the dog back and luckily it obeyed. The cub climbed up a tree and the mother disappeared. That sure was a lucky break for the dog.
I finished "A painted House" this afternoon just before the News and I liked it just as well as I did the last time. Give me another 10 years and I'll be ready to read it again ☺
Good night everybody ☺

6

3 comments:

  1. That's the down side of allowing a dog off leash. When I lived in the NC mountains we didn't ever come in sight of a cub, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary moment for the dog and the owner. Glad everyone is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean another ten years before you read that book again, you must have meant to say "another ten days" !!!!

    ReplyDelete