Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bye bye car

Just before Christmas 1986 Cliff took our Honda Accord to Discovery Honda in Duncan because of a recall for faulty seat belts. I was writing Christmas cards when I looked up and saw a silver flash go by the window. Could not be our car because it's colour was maroon. Of course I went outside to investigate and learned that Discovery Honda finally gave in to Cliff's price demand so he traded the old car in for a new one after all it was Christmas ☺

car 002
Well, that nice new shiny car is now gone. We sold it yesterday. We listed it on Used Victoria and Used Cowichan at around 9.30 AM and by 10 AM the first person called and came to view it right away and bought it. We could have sold it several times. It really was in great condition and has never let us down but Cliff wanted to have cruise control and I air conditioning none of which was on the old Honda. It really made me sad to see it go but we now have a brand new shiny silver Honda but I really have to get used to it's bigger size. Same Honda Accord type but the new one is so much bigger. I wish I could shrink it a bit ☺

Today I finally used some of our rhubarb to make "Heavenly Jam" which is a family favourite. It's made with Rhubarb, canned crushed pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and Strawberry Jello, no Certo. Very easy to make and oh soooo good. As soon as I buy more Jello I'll make another batch. I also stewed some Rhubarb with canned crushed pineapple and a bit of sugar to put on our pancakes tonight. Very yummy!
Now I will carry on reading my latest book. The autobiography of Jeannette Walls "The Glass Castle". Reading this makes me very thankful that I have grown up in a normal family.
Good night everybody ☺

9

2 comments:

  1. Vera, could you email me your rhubarb jam recipe--I have an over abundance of rhubarb in the summer, my plants are just starting to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was soooo sad that your little gray Honda has left you! I hope you have your new Honda for just as long!! I think the jam maybe a bit too sour for moi, as you tend to like sour cherry things too. I, however need to be sweetened up from time to time!! Hope you don't float away with all the rain that is coming your way.,.,., from L.A.

    ReplyDelete