Monday, June 14, 2010

Finally

we had a few really nice days. We took advantage of it by working in the garden and doing some shopping as well.
On Saturday I had to go for an Ultra Sound. I was supposed to drink 32 oz of water one hour before my appointment. I did that but when the technician had started she noticed that my bladder was only 1/4 full. So I had to drink another ton of water and wait nearly 45 minutes before she could finish with me. The actual procedure only took a few minutes. I am glad I drove myself to the hospital so Cliff did not have to wait for me. When I got back to the car it was boiling inside thanks to the sun. I turned on the air conditioning and it cooled down in a hurry. We never had a vehicle with air conditioning so that is one of the things I like about our new car but I don't like the size of it. I cannot judge If I am forward enough in a parking spot or not enough. 

On Sunday afternoon we visited our friends Tom and Joyce for Happy Hour. Since the weather was so nice we were able to sit on the deck. I really love that because it is nestled in trees with flower baskets all around plus bird feeders. It is amazing how many birds visit them. We saw a few baby birds that were learning to fly and one ended up behind Tom on the back of his chair. It took awhile before it flew away again. It was fascinating to watch the birds coming and going.
Here is where we spent the afternoon
DSC02148 [HDTV (720)]

DSC02159 [HDTV (720)] 

I hope it stays nice for awhile.
Good night everybody ☺

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a very nice afternoon. It's fun to watch the antics of birds, especially the babies.

    ReplyDelete