Monday, December 7, 2009

Easy Day

Today was an easy day but a cold one. Cliff needed more parts for the "White Elephant" and I went with him to Duncan since I needed a few groceries. We had a phone call from his sister this morning. She and her husband will be coming for a visit tomorrow. I am really looking forward to that. We have not seen them for quite some time. They live in Lethbridge (the city that has an anchor on a chain for a windsock ;-)) but have rented a cabin in Brentwood for a month. I hope we will be able to see them quite a bit, BUT they have 2 kids and 5 grandkids living in Victoria so I think that will take priority over a brother :-) I hope they will stay for the whole day. I already made a cake for desert. By the way, I saw that the temperature in Lethbridge this morning was minus 33 C !!!  I bet they are happy to be here.
It looks like Cliff's work on the old Honda is slowly coming to an end. It was a real challenge but Cliff thrives on those. Right from the beginning I had full confidence in him. In all our 50 years of marriage I have never seen him give up on a challenge.
It will be a very cold week and we'll probably end up operating the fireplace upstairs and the insert downstairs at the same time. So far we got away with just using the upstairs one for only one lot of wood, then the insert would take over.
Time to go and read my book.
Good night everybody

image006

2 comments:

  1. Stay warm! The chain-for-a-windsock line draws an excellent picture of how windy it is - good one.

    ReplyDelete