Thursday, June 11, 2020

More about bread

On Tuesday I saw that we were almost out of bread so I decided I better get busy. My recipe originally takes only one day but when I made it the last time it ended up having big holes, desired by the REAL artists, but I don’t like stuffing the holes with butter so that the jam won’t drop on my lap through the holes, it happened often enough before, so I thought I’d try doing it in 2 days.
The recipe calls for a first mix of the ingredients then a wait of 15 minutes and after that with the dough hook installed another mix of 5 minutes. After the first mix I was just going to check something on my iPad but got waylaid by the TV and after an episode of Perry Mason I finally remembered my 15 minute dough ðŸĪ“ I rushed to the kitchen and did the dough hook thing. Unfortunately when I wanted to get the result in my oiled bowl for it’s overnight rise in the fridge my hands got more or less glued to the dough. It was a horrible experience but in the end I won without too much loss of the dough and it went into the fridge. 
The next morning I was able to shape it and let it rise again. 
Here is the result: just normal little crumb 😁 and the taste is excellent. Proof of that is that it is already half gone ðŸ˜Đ. We went from eating no bread to this much after I started making sourdough bread.

Life is good ðŸĪ—

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful bread. Same here, we went from eating very little bread to baking bread often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you bake yeast or sourdough bread? I have baked just about all our bread for more than 40 years but it was always yeast bread. Now I don’t think I will go back to yeast 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more bread Mom! It looks great and tastes great but won't keep you slim and trim! Remember, I still need you to be around for several more years. When I am all grown up and don't need you anymore you can eat all the bread you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Sonja, I try to cut down on it. 😁 might not work though ðŸĪŠ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan, it is yummy. Come on down and you can taste it plus I can give you some Sourdough starter :-)

    ReplyDelete