Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All accounted for ☺

Success for Momma ! This morning we saw the third baby bird. At the moment I would say they are kind of ugly but just wait a few days and that will change.
DSC02402 [HDTV (720)]


Early this morning Cliff moved the basket around so that we could see the nest again from the window. In doing that we disturbed Mom and she flew off giving us quite the scolding and did not want to stop. It did not take too long until Dad arrived and helped her scold. That was the first time I saw both parents together. They look a lot alike and I was not even sure if Dad was around until I saw them together. Shortly after we went  in the house Mom was  back in the nest and Dad sat on the railing for a long time guarding the brood.
If I did not know better I think the two got together and moved the basket around so that we again could not watch them !!! Later on when Cliff saw one leave (usually there is only one on the nest) I went and tied a string to the basket so that the wind cannot move it around any longer. ☺
I was able to take a picture of one of them as they sat on the railing which they do before flying into the nest.

DSC02404 [HDTV (720)]


Here is Mom sitting at the edge of the nest

DSC02411 [HDTV (720)]


 DSC02410 [HDTV (720)]

Our flower baskets look pretty bedraggled in this hot weather because I hate to disturb the nest and do the watering and removal of old bloom. Oh well, watching the birds is well worth it.

Good night everybody ☺

Here is a good cartoon
love Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment