Monday, October 4, 2010

Sointula finale

On Saturday Donna and I canned 2 dozen Sockeye Salmon and after that we used her foodsaver to package the 3 Coho salmon that the guys caught the day before. I really liked the foodsaver. It works like a charm. If we still did a lot of fishing like years ago I would surely buy one of those. The fish lasts so much longer in the freezer when it is packaged like that.
When we were finished with those jobs I already started to feel bad but we still managed to bake some bread the following day.
The weather turned really nice after we had one day of rain.
Donna has 3 little dogs and I fell in love with them.

DSC02681
The one on the right is Abby. On the left is Sadie and below is Chaka who is the
“husband” of Abby. The two of them have had several litters of the cutest babies.
DSC02684

They have such great personalities. At night they sleep in Mom and Dad’s bedroom each in their own little kennels.
DSC02662
In the mornings all three race down the hall through the kitchen and out the back door into the backyard. It was too funny to watch. When they come back inside they all need their feet dried before they can get the run of the house again.

When we were in town that Friday I bought some Finnish soap. It is used after a sauna. I thought it would be great as a souvenir but I could not leave it alone so I used it but only a few times I really don’t like the smell of it. It is nice and creamy though. (It should be for the price I paid Smile)
 

Soap (11) (Medium)
Soap (9)

The following day, Sunday, was a wash for me; on the couch or in bed and I was so glad when Monday arrived and we could take the ferry back to Vancouver Island and the long drive home.
I am really glad that I feel well again. Being sick is no fun!!
Good night everybody ☺

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much better.

    The fish sounds so good. I wish I had access to salmon and other kinds of fish and could freeze some for the coming months. I'd even buy one of those gizmos to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are finally feeling better. Busy canning fish sounds like fun to me. I haven't done any canning since we sold the Brix and Stix. Thanks for sharing all of your great experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your yellow stove is trying to tell you something, like, it is time to quit cooking and retire!!

    ReplyDelete