Friday, January 15, 2010

2nd post

Gypsy asked if she could make the croissants without a food processor. I think it can be done although I did not do it yet.
I would cut the cup of butter in with a pastry cutter and beat up the rest with a whisk and proceed as described in the recipe. It should come out just fine. For the mixing I use a large spatula and do not knead it.
I mixed up a batch early this morning and kept it in the fridge until 2 PM. Used 1/4 dough and made 4 plump croissants which we had for supper/lunch tonight. We have our big meal at lunchtime so this hit the spot.
We visited our friend in the hospital in Victoria. He is doing better but has to stay for awhile longer. On the way there we went around Shawnigan Lake and were astounded by the many waterfalls coming from the mountain. In places the water ran across the road.
Just after lunch the sun came out and a little later there was not a cloud in the sky. It was a sight for rain-sore eyes. The forecast is for another sunny day. We can sure use that.

Our 4 croissants

Now go ahead and make a bunch :-)

Goodnight everyone :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the clarification on the croissants. I am going to try them soon - when it warms up a bit and when I have some free time from work.

    ReplyDelete