Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baking Bread

When I went to get a loaf of bread last night from the freezer I found out that there was no more so this morning I baked 6 loaves or should I say 12 half loaves. This afternoon we had to drive to Country Grocer to buy a gallon of milk. Seems we ran out of a few items ☺
Tonight we will have baked beans with an egg on top and a slice of fresh bread.
It was a nice day, no rain and mild temperature. We are so lucky this year with the weather, wish it was like this every year.
Of course the organizers of the Olympic Games would love to have the snow from last year. I hear that at Cyprus Mountain they are trucking the snow down to the venues from the higher elevations and are making snow as well. The snow will be placed over a bed of 3 feet of straw or hey, I am not sure which. That must be a heck of a job.
I also heard on the News that a drove of pick-pockets are expected from various countries to attend the games. Lots of people from Vancouver have booked into hotels in Victoria to get away from the crowds during the games. I am sure there are lots of people to fill the void ☺ but I will not be one of them.
Good night everybody ☺

 Economy 005

2 comments:

  1. I am still wanting to make bread and/or croissants, but working too many hours. I'll get to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans with an egg on top? YUCK, we had beans too, but with ham and a salad, that is more Canadian, you'd think after 50 years we could domesticate you, hugs Max

    ReplyDelete