Saturday, January 16, 2010

A sunny afternoon

After lunch we went for a walk and this time Cliff reminded me to take the camera. Shawnigan Creek is almost up to the road. 

Shawnigan creek (3)

In the summertime it is only a trickle but now it is flowing furiously.

Shawnigan creek (4) [50%]


Later on we went to Duncan to pick up another part for the Pink Elephant. On the way we saw the Prawn Truck parked and I was hoping it would still be there when we got back. It was and I bought one bag of cooked prawns, one bag of raw prawns and one bag of scallops. I am looking forward to cooking with my loot.
Since I had defrosted some chicken broth already for Soup, the prawns will have to wait. I don't think I ever prepared scallops, so I have to look for a recipe on the internet. Sometimes that does not work out so well. I have had a few failures when I thought a recipe looked scrumptious and it really was not as tasty as I had hoped.
Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so there will probably be no walk.
Good night everybody :-)

.

2 comments:

  1. I have a good recipe that I make from Ann Lindsay "Lighthearted Everyday Cooking" book. It's called 'Easy Linguine with Scallops and Spinach'. If you want to use it let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp is by far my favorite and I haven't had scallops in years, so I can't help you there. Good luck in finding a recipe. It sounds like you have the makings for a good seafood meal or two!

    ReplyDelete