Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Rain

I guess our good weather is gone for awhile. It rained almost all day sometimes very hard.
Early this morning we went shopping to Farmer's Market and to Superstore. It is great to do that early on a Sunday morning since then the stores are not so crowded. We were only gone about 1 1/2 hours getting home just in time to make lunch.
We purchased some great red and yellow peppers, green onions and mushrooms and together with sliced fresh tenderloin I stir fried it in a yummy sauce. Potatoes, mashed squash and a green salad finished the meal. Just writing this makes me hungry again :-)
The other day Cliff informed me that in one of my earlier posts I made a BIG mistake. I mentioned Appaloosa beans that we grow in winter, which of course should have been in SUMMER. I wish we could grow veggies in winter but I don't think we can. It's kind of nice though not having to think about the garden for awhile.
Yesterday I finished the book "The lost Quilter" by Jennifer Chiaverini. It is about Slaves during the time around the civil war in the States and the quilts they used to stitch which were called "Freedom Quilts". The stitches within those quilts were actually maps that showed the road to safe houses in the Northern States.  Since it is a work of fiction I looked it up on the Internet and it is indeed true.
Now it's time to go.
Good night everybody :-)

pizza

2 comments:

  1. I read that book and really enjoyed it. It made me ask myself just how brave would I have been in following what I believe would have been the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip regarding the book. I think I will get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete