Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another sunny day

This morning my friend Joyce and I went to Mill Bay to do some grocery shopping. Afterwards we went to our favourite coffee shop for a great cup of coffee. When I came home I had to rush to fix lunch. We had a very easy chicken dish. I like making that when we have company too. It is simple and does not need finishing touches so that I can have fun with my friends and not hang around the kitchen :-)
Maybe someone would like the recipe:

Easy Chicken

3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs

1 cup Ketchup

3/4 cup Salsa

1/3 cup Honey

1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard

1 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder

1 tsp. Ground Cumin

1 1/2 Tbsp. Cornstarch

Whisk together all ingredients except chicken in 9 x 12 baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish, turning once to cover with sauce.

Bake uncovered at 400 F approx. 45 minutes.

If using a glass baking dish you can serve the chicken in the dish.

This can be prepared early and baked later on. It freezes great.

The day was so nice and sunny that I decided to go to Duncan to finally buy a pair of jeans for myself. I absolutely hate buying pants, they never fit right but I think this time I got a pretty good fit. They need to be shortened though. So far that is in the "planning stage" ;-) The sales girls at the Jeans store were pretty unprofessional. They were trying on tops and pants themselves and the heck with the customer but when I asked for something they complied cheerfully, so it was not too bad.  
I also hit a few other stores and did quite a bit of walking. I usually park at the Mall parking lot and walk everywhere from there. Now I am pretty tired.
Good night everybody :-)

Economy 002

No comments:

Post a Comment