Saturday, December 12, 2009

Above freezing

Today is the first day in a long time that it was above freezing outside. No snow yet and I bet Rick and Paulette are holding their breath! They will leave shortly after Christmas to "fly" South.
As usual we were up early this morning and before I was able to have my shower I was drafted to help cart the firewood from the back to the house. I like doing that though because it is exercise. I should be doing more of that. When that was done I had to be a mechanics helper :-) The hood finally got put back on the white elephant. It looks like that is almost the end of the work unless of course something else crops up. This car sure was a challenge for Cliff but he thrives on that sort of thing. Then I was finally able to have my shower :-)
While I cooked and baked today I finished listening to my book. It was another great mystery by Sue Grafton. I have lots of other mysteries on my 20 gigabyte iRiver MP3 player and will start another one soon.
We had a visit from our former next door neighbour. It was great to see them again. They had their house on the market just a month too late last year. It did not sell because of the downturn in the economy but they were able to rent it out. They were called last night because there was no water in the house. Apparently the pipes in the greenhouse froze and broke and when it got warmer the water ran out long enough to empty the well. Everything is fixed now.
That's it for today.
Good night everybody !

4

No comments:

Post a Comment