Friday, March 26, 2010

A Sunny Anniversary

Today was our anniversary. 51 Happy (at least mostly ☺) years with Cliff.
I made us a nice dinner. Loads of fried prawns with bacon and garlic, sweet and sour rice, broccoli, cauliflower and a salad.
After that we visited our friend who is now  home from the hospital  and on the way there we stopped at Tim Hortons where I bought a dozen donuts!!!! It did not take the 3 of  us long to whittle that dozen down to 3. I have not had donuts for years and I still love them as much as before but I try to eat healthy and healthy they are not. Seems the person in front of me had a donut and a can of coke for lunch. I hope that was only a treat and not her normal fare.
On the way home we decided to take a walk to the quarry since it was nice and sunny. The wind was rather cool but still a great walk. We met 3 women who were walking 11 dogs, 2 of them on a leash but they all were very well behaved, none of them barked.
We just had a glass of wine, supper and finished the rest of the donuts so that is off my mind. Now I can get back to more normal eating. ☺
In answer to Janna's comment yesterday: The tree is an egg plum tree. They are very tasty eaten fresh but are no good canned. I love the jam I make with them very much too. It usually is the first tree in bloom. Good thing we have Orchard Mason bees to pollinate them because the honey bees are not out yet.
Good night everybody ☺ 

revenge

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! WOW, 51 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you guys, 51 years! That is always so good to hear about someone, glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! Way to go Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary...and many more!

    ReplyDelete