Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sunny Day today

Even though it was Remembrance Day today I had a hair dressing appointment at 9.30 this morning. The roads were not busy at all and there war hardly a person in the 2 stores I went to before my appointment.
I slept in a little bit because I was awake quite a long time during the night. The smell of coffee woke me up. Yummy yummy. A few years ago I had given up coffee for over 2 years but when we had guests for a few days I started to join in with the coffee crowd and go hooked again. Now I have my one mug of coffee every morning. One mug = 2 cups and I swear I can sometimes see the spoon stand upright in the mug it's so strong.
After making and eating Lunch I downloaded and installed the latest updates on Cliff's computer and did a defrag on my computer. It was probably not really necessary but lately it happens quite often that I get a message "This program is not responding" and then the computer freezes up and  I have to go to task manager and end the program in there. Everything I had been working on is gone. It happens with all kinds of different programs. The defrag might not help anything but at least I did something :-) I will have to look further into this.
Tonight is the "Battle of Britain" on TV, uninterrupted by commercials. We have seen that years ago in a Drive-in Theatre. What I remember most of it were the mosquitoes and other bugs that were hanging around on a hot night and we had to keep the windows rolled up so we would not be bitten to death. This in turn fogged up the windows because there were 4 of us, hubby and I and our 2 girls, sleeping in the back of the car. I don't remember too much of the movie.
Time to lay down the pen and say good night.

best_cartoon

3 comments:

  1. I remember that night! The first movie was "The Jungle Book". By the way, I was awake... and the battle of the bugs was just as violent in the car!! But it was so exciting going to see a movie outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like you, keep my coffee consumption strictly under control now. Wrestled my very bad coffee habit to the ground about 15 years ago & now only have 4 cups a day..... everyday. Never 5 & never 3. Always 4!! 6:30 & 10 a.m in the morning & 2 & 7 p.m. later on.
    Defrag helps but it sounds like you may be running short on memory with the computer. Same thing was happening to our desktop for quite awhile until we had had additional memory sticks installed. Problem was immediately solved:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al, thanks for your comment. My computer is only 15 month old and has 4 Gigs of memory :-) it must be something else. I wonder if it has something to do with the Microsoft updates because it started shortly after one of those a little while ago. Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete