Friday, October 9, 2009

Is this Spring?

Today I found new blackberry blossoms in the garden!Oct. 9 003

They will get a rude awakening in a few days. We still have quite a few berries on the hedge but they are not sweet enough now. Every year that hedge has to be cut down to almost nothing but it comes back all the time. I love blackberry jam but I make it without the pits.

Yesterday I tried to make sweet milk coconut bars. I had the crumbs and coconut left in the cupboard for some time and figured it was time to do something with them. It turned out that what I thought was graham wafer crumbs was actually bread crumbs that I always make from old bread. Not so tasty!! I scrape the crumbs off and then it’s edible :-)

I have been reading  Willy's Blog and really enjoy it. We bought a tent like his when we were first married in Germany. We had a lot of fun with it. He sure is a handy fellow. I would like to leave a comment on his Blog, but I just cannot do it. I write it, use my Google address but it never shows up. I wonder what I do wrong. In 1972 we also had a small trailer similar to his but we had to sell it because we moved to Germany not long after we bought it. We pulled it with a Buick LeSabre. When we first had it we sometimes sat in the trailer with our company right next to our house. It was a fun time. When my Aunt and Uncle visited us from Germany the whole Family went to Niagara Falls with the trailer. There were 6 of us in the 17 ft. trailer, needless to say it was pretty crowded. Hard to sleep when several people snored!!

Cliff was so busy getting our winter wood ready that he only now started to sand and paint the balcony railing. I needs it badly. It is a little late in the year but there were more fun projects to do like getting manure for the garden :-) Who says retirement is a leisure time. I am sure he did not work this hard when he actually had a "job"

Well. that's enough for today.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that trip! I think I stayed in the same camping grounds when I bike to Niagara a few years ago. Fun!

    ReplyDelete